View Agtabeachresort in a larger map
Manila to Tacloban/ Cebu to Tacloban by Air
The Manila-Tacloban flight will take a little over one hour and once in Tacloban, you have several options to get to Agta Beach Resort
- Hire a van at the airport to take you directly to Agta Beach Resort;
- Ride a jeep or taxi to go to the van terminal and hire a van there to take you directly to Agta Beach Resort; or
- Ride a jeep or taxi to the van terminal and get on the van to Naval. Once in Naval, ride a bus to Kawayan and get off right at the top of the Agta Beach Resort driveway. You’ll know you’re at the right place when you see this sign:
If you want to skip the whole Manila experience (we don’t blame you), fly straight to Cebu and book a flight to Tacloban and then refer to nos. 1-3, or take a SuperCat to Ormoc (read on for more details).
- Options 1 and 2 can cost up to Php3,000 to rent an entire van, while Option 3 will cost you less than Php400 per person. If you’re on a budget, Option 3 is the way to go.
- The Tacloban to Naval trip takes approximately 2.5 hours, while the Naval-Talahid leg takes about 30 minutes.
- The ride is generally pleasant and you’ll get your fill of rice paddies and mountains in no time.
- If booking ahead of time, please inform the Agta Beach Resort crew when you’ll be arriving because our car might just be in Naval and we’ll gladly let you hop on.
- If flying in from Cebu, we suggest taking a SuperCat to Ormoc rather than flying in to Tacloban. This costs less and cuts your land trip by 30-45 minutes.
Cebu to Ormoc:
From Ormoc, head to the van terminal and take a van to Naval. Once in Naval, ride a bus to Kawayan and get off right at the top of the Agta Beach Resort driveway.
There are also ferry trips between Cebu and Ormoc. Please click here for the shipping companies and their schedules.
- The Cebu-Ormoc SuperCat is the most convenient option with well-maintained cabins and 2 hour travel time.
- If you’re booking ahead of time we may be able to send a car to pick you up in Naval. But again, no promises.
Cebu to Naval by overnight ferry
An overnight ferry (about 8 hours) also plies the Cebu to Naval route. The accommodations are very rustic and basic though and trips are prone to being cancelled during typhoon season. But on the flipside, you get to skip the land trip.
See you soon!